Wednesday, June 23, 2010

The inaugural post

I'm creating this blog mostly out of boredom, being stuck in a job with no upward momentum that only pays minimum wage (but luckily accepts tips) and also my regular computer died so it's very difficult to update my website--at least until I get a new machine that has access to my old software. That won't be for a few months, at least. I have what Seanbaby once referred to as a "negligible" degree--namely, graphic art--which basically means it can't really get me anywhere in today's economy. I live in California, and it's likely I'll be an old man by the time the financial crisis recovers, if it ever does (I'm in my 20s).

And I deliver pizzas. My passion is writing, and all affiliated hobbies, which is basically just reading but I also play enough videogames as to become counter-productive on my aspirations. Luckily, the economy sucks, which now means it's much more difficult to feed this rather expensive hobby. But pizza is where I make my money.

So I'm stuck writing a blog.

I wanted to make the blog specific to my job because a) it provides plenty of funny/weird/frustrating material for a writer, b) it's easy to write about and c) I live in California's "Inland" region, which basically means I'm like your average Californian but currently undergoing God's beta test for the Apocalypse, and yes, that also makes for interesting things to write about.

So pay attention to me, because I like writing and you like reading and there are many other more inane things to accept your attention as payment. I hope you enjoy my little creative nonfiction experiment.

No comments:

Post a Comment